SOLVED

Need Help with a Nest Formula

Copper Contributor

I have a formula that will look at the start date of a hire, the starting salary and then increment the salary by a referenced percentage upon the anniversary of start date.  However, the formula only works for the first anniversary, and I need to update for each successive anniversary.  My brain is full.   

The formula: IF(AND(G$8>=$E14,OR($F14+30>G$8,$F14=0)),IF(G$8-$E14>365,($D14*(1+$B$4))/12,$D14/12),0)

Thank you in advance!

6 Replies

@gclarke In H13, try this:

=IF($F13<=H$8,$E13*(1+$C$4)^INT(DATEDIF($F13,H$8,"m")/12)/12,0)

Copy down and across. I'm not a big fan of the DATEDIF function, but in this case it works just fine. 

@gclarke 

As I illustrated in the attached version of your file, the formula in H13 is: 

=IF(H$8<$F13,0,
($E13/12)*(1+$C$4)^
INT(YEARFRAC($F13,H$8-1,1)))

@Twifoo Much gratitude! Always nice to learn something!

Riny Thank as well, I appreciate the assistance
best response confirmed by gclarke (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@gclarke 

It's my pleasure to have enabled you to learn something. This is my first time to make a request from someone whom I've somehow helped. Could you kindly mark my previous reply as Best Response so that the number of my Best Responses crosses the two-digit line?

Absolutely! Done, and thank you again.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by gclarke (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@gclarke 

It's my pleasure to have enabled you to learn something. This is my first time to make a request from someone whom I've somehow helped. Could you kindly mark my previous reply as Best Response so that the number of my Best Responses crosses the two-digit line?

View solution in original post