need help with a fonction

Copper Contributor

hi my problem is this one, i have been trying to make two collumn react to each other so the first one when the entry /13 and higher is entered the second collumn shows the entry full.

i have been trying to use the SI function but i can't seem to be able to have the / register it gives me an error.

the formula i am trying to do here is when C2 = /13 and higher D2 = full and if C2 is /12 and lower D2 his blank

thanks for your time.

8 Replies
Hi

When you say /13 what do you mean?

@ssanscartier 

As variant in D2 it could be

=IF(REPLACE(C2,1,1,"")+0>=13,"full","")

if I understood you correctly

@Sergei Baklani have tried this but it comes back has an error, the /13 the total amount of people registered for the session and i want an indication that the class is full on the next collumn, i have the feeling i will have to get rid of the / in order for this to work. unless i find a way to make it work.

Hi @ssanscartier 

Can you explain the /13 please - I don't understand the / 

@ssanscartier 

If you're number is entered per the attached screenshot then @Sergei Baklan's answer should work

image.png

The REPLACE removes the 1st character (the / ) with a space.

The +0 then turns that into a number

The IF then checks if the number is >=13

Wyn

@ssanscartier 

@Wyn Hopkins explained in more detail. If our understanding is not correct better if you submit small sample file to illustrate your data.

Thanks i will try to explain a bit better. This is for group managing,

Basicaly when the number in the culumn J is /13 and over i need the next culumn K to display full but when the J culumn display /12 and lower the culumn K needs to be empty. This is to keep track of the full groups and thos that still have places for more to join.

Hope this clarifies a bit more. Sorry i have a bit of trouble explaining this.

@ssanscartier 

But that's exactly what above formulas do.