Need Help On Auto Sorting

Copper Contributor

Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 00.11.03.png

So I need help. I have a raw data on the left that is formated as shown and I want to auto-sort it 

2 Replies

@ferdipr 

Your image shows things being assigned to two different categories (Day shift or Night shift), which is (in Excel parlance) more of  a matter of FILTERing than SORTing. The latter tends to mean putting into numerical or alphabetical order.

That aside, in the absence of the actual spreadsheet to illustrate the "How to" that you're seeking, let me point you to this YouTube video which will introduce you to the new FILTER and SORT functions. You need the most recent version of Excel on your computer to be able to take advantage of these functions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I9DtFOVPIg

If you want more specific help, please come back and post a copy of that spreadsheet itself.

Learn everything about our brand-new Dynamic Arrays and how you can use them to build advanced spreadsheets. Arrays (CSE) have long been present in Excel, but were limited to power users. With Dynamic Arrays we have rebuilt the calc engine, effectively turning all formulas into array formulas ...
Okay. I will try it first. Thank you!