Need Excel MACRO written in order to delete conflicting names

Copper Contributor

Please review my Case #1038686167.  Per Warren, he advised that I contact the Tech Community to write a macro that will delete the conflicting names.  Currently I receive an error message "The name _CH67 already exists" when I COPY a worksheet from a source workbook to a destination workbook.  I have delected all names in the Names Manager.  These conflicting names are somewhere embedded in my workbook where I cannot see.  Warren tried to write a macro to delete them, but failed.  The macro needs to be written by an expert from the Tech Community.

3 Replies

@karice62 

Hello! You've posted your question in the Tech Community Discussion space, which is intended for discussion around the Tech Community website itself, not product questions. I'm moving your question to the Excel space - please post Excel questions here in the future. 

Please, is there someone in the Excel tech community who can help me delete the conflicting names? These names do not appear in the Names Manager. There are too many conflicting names to accept or rename. Can anyone help?

@karice62 

Try Jan Karel Pieterse's free Name Manager add-in 

It can display hidden names and it can delete defined names in bulk.