SOLVED

My text won't print in the spot I see it on the file.

Copper Contributor

Hello,

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help.  I am a teacher and I made this vocabulary game where the words and definitions are on these triangles.  They are basically all in the proper places but when I print, the words are coming OUT of that spot.  I'm not sure why what I see isn't what I get.

I've set the print area, cleared the print area and tried to scale it.  I can get what I want on the one page, but I just can't get what I see on Excel to actually print out.

Thanks!

2 Replies
best response confirmed by MrAzar (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@MrAzar Rather than placing text on the grid and drawing line shapes around these texts, learn about using shapes. An equal sides triangle to begin with. Make it transparent. Place rectangles in it and line then up precisely with the sides of the triangle. You can link the shapes to text elsewhere in your workbook. 

I've added an example in Triangle sheet 1. It Should print exactly as you see it. Note to also format the shapes to not size and move with cells, and group the ones that should stick together. Then you can drag the triangles with texts in them exactly where you want them.

See attached

Thank you so much. I will try and reformat this! So you added rectangles over textboxes? Or did you line them with text boxes?  It looks like text but I'm trying to confirm.  Also, the transparent triangle is the fill I assume?

Thanks so much!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by MrAzar (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@MrAzar Rather than placing text on the grid and drawing line shapes around these texts, learn about using shapes. An equal sides triangle to begin with. Make it transparent. Place rectangles in it and line then up precisely with the sides of the triangle. You can link the shapes to text elsewhere in your workbook. 

I've added an example in Triangle sheet 1. It Should print exactly as you see it. Note to also format the shapes to not size and move with cells, and group the ones that should stick together. Then you can drag the triangles with texts in them exactly where you want them.

See attached

View solution in original post