SOLVED

my formulas are being deleted constantly

Copper Contributor

my formulas are being deleted constantly  how do I get the cells to remember the formulas?  

Show formulas only shows the formula I created this session not any of my past formulas.

Sorry if this is obvious all solutions I've found are for other excel versions or for other problems?

6 Replies

Do we speak about Excel Desktop or Excel Online (you added both tags). In Excel Online there is no Show formulas option.

And what do you see in formula bar if stay on such cell?

So as soon as I save and close the formula goes away

So, you have a formula in the cell which calculates something. You save file, formula exists. After that you close the file and open exactly the same file (e.g. File->Open-> latest in the list of recent). Stay on the same cell and see nothing in the formula bar. Correct?

best response confirmed by Hao Sun (Copper Contributor)
Solution

I believe you have it saving as a csv rather then an excel file. csv would replace formulas with the solution and save it like that. When saving, make sure that your save as type is Excel Workbook.

So, you have a formula in the cell which calculates something. You save file, formula exists. After that you close the file and open exactly the same file (e.g. File->Open-> latest in the list of recent). Stay on the same cell and see nothing in the formula bar. Correct?

Above mentioned is my problem

@Adeoti18  I find if one makes the filename shorter if will save the formulas

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Hao Sun (Copper Contributor)
Solution

I believe you have it saving as a csv rather then an excel file. csv would replace formulas with the solution and save it like that. When saving, make sure that your save as type is Excel Workbook.

View solution in original post