my chart can not smooth the points

Copper Contributor

I am trying to create a chart of smoothed points . I choose the correct chart type but the chart still only shows unsmoothed points. It might be crucial to let you know that the table containing the data points has a column of non-continuous cells, some cells are empty, however I merged those cells with the filled ones but the problem still persists.

2 Replies

@inadotb 

When you say "smoothed points", do you mean you want the line to be "smoothed". You can do that by selecting the line of the Data Series you want smoothed. Choose "Format Data Series". Somewhere in the following screen(s), you should find the option "Smoothed Line". I'm on a Mac and my screens probably look different from yours. If this doesn't solve it, please attach a workbook with some sample data and a chart that demonstrates your issue.

@inadotb 

If you mean to ignore empty cells, merging of them won't help (in general it's better to avoid cell merging at all). You may right click on your chart, select data and here in options for hidden data select connection

image.png

if that's what do you mean under smoothing.