Multiply two rows and add all

Brass Contributor

Can anyone help me please

is there a quicker way to =I14*C14+I15*C15 in have 2500 cells to do, then i need to repeat the formula to another colomn 30 times for =J14*C14+J15*C15'  , =K14*C14+K15*C15 and etc

C remains the same but the others change.

Can some on explain it to me please I so that i can do it on my own please

I have tried doing it manually and after certain number or clicking and doing things i loose the colours and after loosing the coloured boxed it get confused and mess up all the work of most of the day.

my boss if after me to get this done by tomorrow evening latest.

10 Replies

Hi,

You have not specified where you want to put formula. Anyway try the formula as below.

=I14*$C14+I15*$C15

=J14*$C14+J15*$C15

=K14*$C14+K15*$C15

The example file you've provided is hard to interpret.  It's difficult to understand what you want without a little bit more information.  Can you please provide a more complete non-sensitive mock up.  The task you require to be completed will be much easier to solve if you are able to provide a more accurate representation of your data.

the formula is at the bottom of the sheet under the corresponding date.  Sorry I missed that out

Surely I will update the file.

The formula has to be in row 1468.

above the formula cell it is date from the 1st of the month till the 31st of the month.

The formula from row 1468 has to first multiply example for the 1st  14I*14C+15I*15C

the cells high light till I reach a certain number then it stops and when it stops I get confused and start to mix up things.

I have to do that formula from 14 to 1467 on the 1st and then when need to make the same formula to the other day where column C price is the same multiplied by the usage of the day and add to the next cell.

I hope you would be able to help me or explain it to me so that I can learn how to do it well.

Thanks in advance for your help and assistance.

Surely I will update the file.

The formula has to be in row 1468.

above the formula cell it is date from the 1st of the month till the 31st of the month.

The formula from row 1468 has to first multiply example for the 1st  14I*14C+15I*15C

the cells high light till I reach a certain number then it stops and when it stops I get confused and start to mix up things.

I have to do that formula from 14 to 1467 on the 1st and then when need to make the same formula to the other day where column C price is the same multiplied by the usage of the day and add to the next cell.

I hope you would be able to help me or explain it to me so that I can learn how to do it well.

Thanks in advance for your help and assistance.

Karol-

Thank you for the clarification.  Based on what your formula says maybe try modifying it to this simpler notation:

=SUMPRODUCT(I4:I47,C4:C47)

If you need the entire column then try changing it to:

=SUMPRODUCT($I$4:$I$1466,$C$4:$C$1466)

Hi there ,

It really work thank you very much.

Can I ask you kindly to explain it to me sot that I can replicate it for every column please

Karol-

Here is an explanation of how the sumproduct function works.  I have also attached an example file for reference.  Here is an additional link for reference:  https://support.office.com/en-us/article/sumproduct-function-16753e75-9f68-4874-94ac-4d2145a2fd2e

SumProductEx.png

Hi there,

I did understand how to edit it to go and to the work in each and every column, but I didn't understand the concept really clearly.

Thank you very very much for your kind help.

You're quite welcome.  Happy to help.