multiple print areas

Copper Contributor

Hi, I have a print range A1:N35 and I want to add cells A36:D40. These are adjacent cells. Excel treats this as 2 print areas and outputs the added area on the 2nd page. But I would like to have these areas on one sheet. How does it work?

5 Replies

@wsb_270861 

To combine the two print areas into one on the same page, you can follow these steps:

1. Select the first print area (A1:N35).
  2. Hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard and then select the additional cells you want to include in the print area (A36:D40).
  3. With both print areas selected, go to the Page Layout tab in the Excel ribbon and click on the Print Area dropdown.
  4. Select "Add to Print Area" from the dropdown menu. This will add the second print area to the first one.
  5. Now, when you go to print the worksheet, both print areas will be on the same page.

Alternatively, you can try adjusting the print settings such as reducing the scaling factor, margins, and orientation to fit the entire range into one page.

Note that the print quality may be affected if you try to fit too much data onto a single page.

1. @NikolinoDE 

The "Add to print area" button is only available if a print area already exists.

@wsb_270861 

If you want to print on one page, the print area will have to be a single contiguous range.

That was already 30 years ago.
It must be possible, if I can declare several areas as print areas, to get them on one page.
Alternatively, you could give the cells that are not to be printed
the property: deactivate printing object, as with other objects (e.g. shapes)

@wsb_270861 

You can submit a request from within Excel: File > Feedback > Send a Suggestion.