Multiple Intersections and interpolation

Deleted
Not applicable
Hi, I am trying to find an easy way to find the interpolated number within multiple intersections. Means: there are two row headlines on A&B and 2 other topics on 1&2. I am trying to find the numbers on the intersection of A and B to 1 and 2, and they have to be interpolated. See the file to have a better understanding, thanks
4 Replies
Can you please include (in the sample workbook you provided) some sample lookup values and the expected outcome. And which interpolation method do you wish to use (Linear, power, ...)?

Hello @Deleted,

I do not know much about interpolation but this article seems to be pretty insightful:

https://www.datadigitization.com/dagra-in-action/linear-interpolation-with-excel/

Hope this helps!
PReagan 

@Jan Karel Pieterse The outcome is somewhere in between the 4 given values' intersection. Simply, if the entry value perfectly matches with the chart values, let's say Weight 360, 0 OAT to Speed of 80 and Alt 0, the value is 22.1 (top left first value)

But normally the entries are not on the chart, but in between the chart values, which has to be interpolated.

How do you propose we interpolate between two categories, first for a Weight of 343 which is somewhere around row 13 of the table and then for an OAT of 17, which may be in various places in the same table. What if OAT equals 330 and Speed equals 15, which row would you pick?