Multiple IF Formulas with VLOOKUP

Copper Contributor

I have an excel sheet with 2 tabs to look up training for a date a course was completed.

First Tab has the information that needs to be displayed. That has a Table called "OxyTraining".

Second Tab has the lookup information in a table called "EmpTraining". I have a filed that combines the CourseID and EmployeeID to create a unique ID to lookup with.

In the OxyTraining table i have one course that could get credit if an employee completed 1 of 8 options. i am trying just to lookup 2 of the courses to see if i can get the formula to work. It pulls up if the 1st course is found but not the second, the value it shows it #N/A.

Here is the formulas i am trying:

=IF([@1075]=VLOOKUP([@1075],EmpTraining,1,FALSE),VLOOKUP([@1075],EmpTraining,7,FALSE),IF([@616]=VLOOKUP([@616],EmpTraining,1,FALSE),VLOOKUP([@616],EmpTraining,7,FALSE),""))

With this is someone has the 1075 course then it will show the Date but is someone has 616 the it shows #N/A.

5 Replies

@CajunVeteran 

*Edit - formula updated

=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH([@1075],EmpTraining[Course ID & Emp ID],0)),VLOOKUP([@1075],EmpTraining,7,0),IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH([@616],EmpTraining[Course ID & Emp ID],0)),VLOOKUP([@616],EmpTraining,7,0),""))

@Patrick2788 When i put that code, the values are blank. How would i share the file?
If you don't have the option to attach it here, you could PM me and attach it in that space.
@Patrick2788 i just messaged it to you.
Thanks for the help @Patrick2788
Here is the update code that is working for my issue.
=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH([@1075],EmpTraining[Course ID & Emp ID],0)),VLOOKUP([@1075],EmpTraining,7,0),IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH([@616],EmpTraining[Course ID & Emp ID],0)),VLOOKUP([@616],EmpTraining,7,0),""))