MS Money "improvements" requires new download

Copper Contributor

MS money required me to download a new workbook version with "improvements". Firstly, "Contact Support" does not work (says no network connection - false). Secondly, several transactions where I had changed the category (using valid categories from the sheet) reverted back to the incorrect category. Thirdly, I had created several subcategories with updates to my transaction lists, which are now all GONE. Forthly, I had added templates such as "budget" which are now GONE and I must re-set up, and Finally I had added my own sheets for my own purposes, which are now all GONE. Microsoft stated that they had saved all my data, but all you have done is created a great deal of work for me to get back to where I was happy and the tool was useful. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Is there anything automatic vs. re-creating my entire workbook again?

1 Reply
I agree. I have a variety of sheets and pivot tables. Each time there is an update, I have to manually recreate them. This is a major pain. Typically, there are some issues with my transactions as well. The latest version does seem to work better however, there is no longer the ability to hide or delete an individual account. I have multiple Amex accounts but do not want all of them in the sheet. Support is SO FRUSTRATING. Occasionally they respond but even then, it often appears that they didn't read the question at all. I have invested a ton of time so I need to feel Microsoft is committed to this product but that certainly does not appear to be the case.