Movement of work area when filter set

Copper Contributor

Hello all!

The settings on my Excel is no longer moving the (eye-level) viewable work area from bottom to row of filter whenever I set the filter command. For example, on Office 2010—specifically Excel 2010—suppose you are on a sheet with data filled from column A thru F and more importantly vertically populated ranging from row 1 thru 6580.

Suppose you do Control + Arrow down and your cursor is on the last row of the data. Then suppose you hit filter to put the filter on row 1. When you do that, the full screen automatically goes to row 1, whereas previously on your (eye level view) screen you was on around row 6580 as stated earlier.

Well this convenient and super-fast movement is where one is able to zip thru a lot of worksheets seems disabled or missing on my computer and I don’t even know what it's formally called.

Unfortunately—this convenient movement of the screen or work area seems unavailable on my Excel 2016 or Excel 365 at my work computer. What’s this function called so I may enable it? Because right now when I activate the filter, I have to manually go up to row 1. Please advise.

Thank you.

1 Reply

@user-5138 

Afraid there is no such setting