SOLVED

Move cursor within Edit Formatting Rule

Brass Contributor

Hi, I apologies if my attempt to search for an answer was using the wrong key words, as it seems an obvious question to have been answered before.  I am trying to edit a Conditional Format which uses a formula (Edit Formatting Rule - Use a formula to determine which cells to format > Edit the Rule Description > Format values where this formula is true).

I can use my mouse to insert the cursor at a point in the formula, but how do I move the cursor WITHOUT IT INSERTING THE CELL REFERENCE?

I know it must be possible, as I have inadvertently achieved it, I think by perhaps highlighting and deleting a word before moving the cursor.  What I (anyone?) needs to do, is switch between moving the cursor, and choosing to insert a cell reference.  If I can't switch between the two modes, I would much rather move my cursor in preference, and I will manually insert the cell references.

3 Replies
best response confirmed by ChrizK (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@ChrizK 

If edit the formula and use arrow keys please press F2

Thank you so much @Sergei Baklan ,

Such a simple answer!

....Why don't MS include it in the Edit box description :(

To remind anyone who has a 'condensed keyboard layout' (as most laptops do these days), you may need to press Fn+F2

@ChrizK 

This box was developed ages ago, perhaps to touch it means a lot of work and that is not a first priority.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ChrizK (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@ChrizK 

If edit the formula and use arrow keys please press F2

View solution in original post