Most popular text based upon the sum of another column with criteria on another sheet

Copper Contributor

So I am keeping track of the most popular nesting boxes in which my chickens lay their eggs per month.  My workbook has two sheets "Raw Data" where the daily harvests are recorded.  Column A contains the dates represented as 1.01 (January 1st), 1.02 (January 2nd), etc. Column B contains the number of eggs retrieved on that day.  Column C contains in which box (labeled as R1, R2, etc) the eggs were found.

The other Sheet "Charts" contains multiple summary charts that I use to compile the raw data. 

I am trying to determine in which nesting box the most eggs were collected during each month.  Since "most popular text" is not accurate due to the chance that Box R1 may have 2 eggs in it on 1.01 and box R3 may have only 1.  Each box label occurs the same amount of times (1) but R1 is the most popular based upon the sum of eggs.

It would also need to be specific to each month so 1.01-1.31; 2.01-2.29; etc.

I have used many array formulas with multiple criteria but I can not figure this one out.

Please describe in layman's terms as I am a visual learner.

Thanks!

1 Reply

@DEER30 Best demonstrated in a working example. See attached!

Start by entering real dates and discover the magic of Pivot Tables.