Money In Excel add account internal error

Copper Contributor

Well... Money in Excel looks pretty good.  There are some good features, and some room for improvement.  I started looking at it today and added a bunch of my accounts.  Then I removed one of my banks so I could add it back and select a different set of accounts.  Once I removed it, I now get this error.

Money In Excel Error.jpg

This error occurs no matter what bank I use.  I went in and deleted all of my account data, removed the MIE add-in from the ribbon, deleted Office 365 from my pc, started with a fresh template using the online Excel 365 version, reinstalled Office 365 locally, used a different Office 365 account (personal to enterprise), and all yield the same error.  Based on all of my troubleshooting I'm leaning toward an error in the Plaid connector or something along those lines.

Is anyone else out there having this problem?  If so, have you been able to fix it?

4 Replies

@DocLee7123  I am having the same problem but have no idea how to fix it. I entered my primary account with no issues. Everything transferred smoothly. Upon attempting to enter my secondary account, I received the same internal error message. 

I'd like to use Money in Excel, but it doesn't seem reasonable if it can't do what it claims to be able to do. I'll wait a bit and see if there is a fix for this. Please post if you happen upon something. 

I am having the same issue and have not found a workaround/fix yet. After successfully adding accounts from two institutions, I am now getting the same error message when I try to add any additional accounts.

Really want to start using Money in Excel! Appreciate any help/suggestion anyone has.

@DocLee7123 I am having the same issue. Did you end up finding a solution for this?

@dcox_88 

Hey dcox_88.  I was able to get it working, but I'm not sure what changed.  I first removed all registrations to my account.  I then completely removed the Money in Excel plug-in.  Once done I installed the plug-in once more, but I still had issues adding any accounts with the same error.  About a week later an office update hit my machine and I decided to give it try again and it worked.  Knowing that I cannot add multiple accounts from the same bank (unless they use the same username to login) I avoided that and made sure to only add those that I was most interested in.  It seems to be working pretty well now.  I've even added an investment tracker sheet to keep an eye on individual stocks as opposed to the overall account balance.  That would be a nice template for @Pernille-Eskebo  to add so I didn't have to build it myself, but I enjoy Excel, so it was fun.

Good luck.