SOLVED

Modify format of a specific text on a cell box

Copper Contributor

Hi!

I have a curious case on Office 365 Enterprise Online Excel.

When I try to modify a specific/fragment of the text in a cell box, I can't modify the format of the selected text, but if I select the entire cell box I can modify the format of all the text on it.

At the moment when I select the fragment of the text that I want to modify, the Start panel it's disabled. 

I'm adding two photos, in the first one, there is no problem modifying the text selecting the entire cell.

On the second one, selecting just one word of the phrase, can't modify the format.

Anyone with this issue? 

Is there a way to do it?

In other versions of Excel there is no problem with that. I have this issue only with the Office 365 Enterprise Online Excel.

Thank you!

Entire cell box selected: no problemEntire cell box selected: no problem

Specific text selected: Can't modify the text formatSpecific text selected: Can't modify the text format

1 Reply
best response confirmed by JELW3 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@JELW3 

As you have found, this feature is not available in the web/online version of Excel. You'll have to open the workbook in the desktop version of Excel for Windows or Mac OS X.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by JELW3 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@JELW3 

As you have found, this feature is not available in the web/online version of Excel. You'll have to open the workbook in the desktop version of Excel for Windows or Mac OS X.

View solution in original post