Missing Sheets

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I was working in an excel spreadsheet that was saved as a .xls (97-03) and reorganized the data into multiple separate sheets or pages. I saved it, and upon reopening the file, I had a few windows pop-up saying file format extension did not match (I opened anyway as I have received message several times before with no issues) and then it said it detected that my file was delineated, or something. I clicked through the dialog boxes, and when the file opened, only the sheet I last worked on opened, and I cannot access the other sheets. I checked to see if they were just hidden, but the unhide option is grayed out when I right click the sheets bar. Is there any way I can recover the other sheets?

3 Replies

@daungurait 

The sheets are not recoverable. Sorry about that

@daungurait 

You will have to make sure that the workbook is not protected, if yes, unprotect it to unhide sheets if any.

If workbook is not protected, to check if the visible property of a sheet is not set to xlSheetVeryHidden and in that case to change the visible property, please follow the instructions shown in the following screenshot.

Visible Property.jpg

@Subodh_Tiwari_sktneer 

Thanks for the reply, but when I opened the VB editor, it only showed the sheet that I could see. No other sheets showed up, so it looks like all that data was deleted unfortunately. Thanks anyways.