Missing Insert Options Button.

Copper Contributor

I'm currently working on a project and need to follow step by step instruction. A step requires me to insert a new row and after inserting the row an 'Insert Options Button' should appear but for me, it doesn't. I've checked to see if the check box under advanced to show the 'Insert Options Buttons' is checked and it is but the button still doesn't appear. How do I fix this or is there an alternative I can use to get the same result? I'm currently using Excel on a Desktop. I recently got it 2 months ago so I'm sure it's the most recent version.

6 Replies

@JuanPZ 

With your permission, which excel version do you have? ..Operating system would possibly also be good to know, depending on the topic / problem.
What do you mean by adding a line? VBA or formula?
As far as the translation is concerned, I did not understand what your plan is.

With your permission, if I can recommend you, add a MS Excel file (without sensitive data) to your project.

Explain your plans in relation to this file. So you can get a solution that is tailored to your needs much faster.

At the same time, it is much easier for someone who wants to help to understand the subject.

A win-win situation for everyone.

Please no Picture, even if it is said that a picture can say a thousand words, it is certainly not in the case of Excel, on the contrary in some cases.

Thank you for your understanding and patience

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

@NikolinoDE I have Version 2009 (Build 13231.20390 Click-to-Run). After I right-click on a line number, I press Insert, a new line appears, but no Insert Options Button shows so I can change Format Same As Above to Format Same As Below. My plan is to Right-click line 19 and insert a new line and then press Format Same As Below.

@JuanPZ 

Put a line in 19, is that what you can't do with your version?

@NikolinoDE No, I'm able to put a new line in 19 but the little brush logo that appears after inserting a new line doesn't appear for me. I'm trying to change the option "Format Same As Above' to "Format Same As Below'. 

Which operating system do you have on your PC?

@JuanPZ 

First please check if it is activated in your settings

image.png

Second, it appears if only you stay on the row to some cells of which is applied formatting, and click on Insert row from this place. If you stay on non-formatted row, brush icon won't appear if you insert new row.