SOLVED

Missing get and transform data

Copper Contributor

hi all, 

i am new to excel and id like to add an api to one of my sheets, however even tho i have 2016 excel version there is no get and transform data for me which is what id really need. 

can anyone help me understand why its just not there? even tho i have 2016 version? 

thanks

18 Replies

@DanTN123 

Is it Windows or Mac?

hi, i am on windows 10 pro

@DanTN123 

So, you see nothing here ?

image.png

yea so basically i do not see any of the get and transform data section. i see queries and connections, data types, sort and filter, data tools and outline. but get and transform data is nowhere to be seen for me

@DanTN123 

When it shall be one of these versions

image.png

oh right. What version do u suggest i should go for to get the get and transform data?

@DanTN123 

If upgrade I'd suggest on Excel 365 or at least on Excel 2021.  Concrete channel/version depends on needs. You may check here Power Query data sources in Excel versions (microsoft.com)  which connectors are available for each version.

i was looking at plans and upgrades and i see that microsoft 365 personal plan gives the latest version of excel. would this solve my issue? thanks again u have been a great help
i'M USING oFFOCE 10 BUILD 19042 ON A pc. MY LATEST WORKSHEET DOESNB'T SHOW THE CELL THE CURSON IS IN AND i CAN'T FIND A FIX. hOW DO i HIHGLIGHT HTE CELL MY CURSOR IS POINTING TO?
best response confirmed by DanTN123 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@DanTN123 

I'm not familiar with consumer versions. In general on subscription model ( Microsoft 365 ) you always have the latest functionality compare to similar perpetual version. The latest has fixed functionality and updating only bug fixes and security patches.

On Microsoft 365 set of features depends on subscription level and distribution channel. Enterprise has the richest functionality, other levels we have to check.

Distribution channel means how often functionality is updated. On insider (beta) channel you have updates every week, on semi-annual channel - twice per year. Good news you may shift from one channel to another at any time, that's free of charge.

As for Power Query on Personal - most probably it's available, but I'd double check. You may install trial version (one month as I remember), check if that's what you need and only after that pay for the subscription.

I got excel 365 personal membership and I can now see the power query stuff.

Thanks a lot, you helped me out a ton :)

@DanTN123 , you are welcome, good luck with Excel 365

Hello,
In my excel 365, in data tab,
I have the request connexion group,
But not the get & transform.

Could you please help me?
Can I send a screenshoot?
Regards

@Thi3rry 

It's better to start new conversion from here https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/excel/bd-p/ExcelGeneral. Yes, screenshot will help.

apparently Get and Transform Data from Web feature is not available on M365 for Mac.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/power-query-data-sources-in-excel-versions-e9332067-8e49-...

Please advise if this is incorrect.

@Mike_Flynnmycroft 

From the link you sent on Mac are available only two connectors

image.png

All the rest is ability to refresh quires created on another platform. However, I'm not Mac user, perhaps @Riny_van_Eekelen could clarify.

@Sergei Baklan At present, Excel for Mac (Insider, Beta) supports the following connectors:

Screenshot 2022-07-22 at 17.53.23.png

@Riny_van_Eekelen 

Thank you, nice to know. I guess depends on channel.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by DanTN123 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@DanTN123 

I'm not familiar with consumer versions. In general on subscription model ( Microsoft 365 ) you always have the latest functionality compare to similar perpetual version. The latest has fixed functionality and updating only bug fixes and security patches.

On Microsoft 365 set of features depends on subscription level and distribution channel. Enterprise has the richest functionality, other levels we have to check.

Distribution channel means how often functionality is updated. On insider (beta) channel you have updates every week, on semi-annual channel - twice per year. Good news you may shift from one channel to another at any time, that's free of charge.

As for Power Query on Personal - most probably it's available, but I'd double check. You may install trial version (one month as I remember), check if that's what you need and only after that pay for the subscription.

View solution in original post