Missing Feature in Excel Mac 2019

Copper Contributor

Recently obtained a new MacBookPro and installed MS Office 2019. This machine replaces another MBP, also with MS Office, although an earlier version. 

I use numerous spreadsheets with database capability, and used the data entry Form... option. This Form... option was available in the Data dropdown menu, grouped with the Subtotals... and Validation... options.  The Form... option is no longer available in Excel 2019. I have been using this Form... option since 1990 in numerous spreadsheets, particularly in spreadsheets with database capability. This option is not to be found in Excel 2019, and it is very disappointing. This could very well cause me to redesign how I use a spreadsheet and switch to and recommend Apple Numbers instead.

So, anybody find the Form... option in Excel Mac 2019? I have tried many of the means posted for finding the Form... option in previous editions of Excel and none of them worked. Actually, one of those methods appears to confirm that the Form... option has been removed from Excel Mac 2019, if it is a valid technique for Excel 2019. I used the technique for adding the Form... option to the Ribbon in Excel 2016 and although that works, the Form... option is no longer an option to add to the Ribbon as it was in Excel Mac 2016. 

The library of spreadsheet templates that MS provides really need this Form... feature or the spreadsheets are a brute to work. This Form... feature must be found or returned to Excel Mac 2019, and quickly.

1 Reply

@Acadia1532 

Hi.

If the Data Entry Form isn't in these Excel reference books:

https://www.amazon.com/Learn-Excel-Essential-Skills-Method/dp/1909253324

there is no chance to make it to work.

Regards.

Crigou