Microsoft Query invalid column name

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I'm trying to import MSSQL view through Microsoft Query import in Data tab. It fails to load most likely due to Czech language encoding (column names)

excel.PNG

Tried loading it through SQL database option and it worked, unfortunately I have to use Microsoft Query importing option. Double checked excel language settings and seemed fine to me. I ran out of ideas here fellas. Appreciate any help!

4 Replies
Why do you have to use MSQuery? Alternatively, why not use the more modern tools (Get&Transform from the Data tab)?

@Jan Karel PieterseI need to use parameters to filter my query and unfortunately only Microsoft Query supports that

@janjanacek I had the same problem, and my query was very clean and didn't have much complexity at the moment when I got that message. 

I had to go back to the query, unmerged some of my merged columns, i.e. deleted the step, and refreshed all while in the query. After these steps, it was able to load to the table.

So check your merged column steps and refresh all queries before loading to file.