Microsoft/ Excel

Copper Contributor

I can't understand why everytime I get into my Excel something has changed and it's very confusing especially when you aren't all that familiar with computers or Excel or Word?

I wish you would leave it alone and if I don't have my auto save on it gives my work a document number I don't like that feature, because your forcing me to auto save.

Unhappy user.

3 Replies

@Lstilson41965 

If change nothing we still be on MS DOS and Multiplan or so.

Didn't catch with autosave, you may switch it off if you don't like it.

@Lstilson41965 

Regarding "changes everytime you work with Excel":

You most likey have Office 365 where there will be changes every month. Not always new features.

You can "downgrade" to the Office 2021 licence where there will be only security updates.

Regarding "being not familiar with Excel":

Get yourself more familiar with Excel.

@Lstilson41965 

I can't understand why everytime I get into my Excel something has changed and it's very confusing especially when you aren't all that familiar with computers or Excel or Word?

How frequent, may I ask, is your "every time"? Presumably you are doing this fairly infrequently. I get into Excel every day (multiple times a day), for example, so I don't notice any changes.

And when you say that "something has changed" every time, what do you mean?  What are some examples of those changes that are so confusing? Even the periodic "updates," which get applied automatically, don't generally put us into a different screen, or different menu structure. In Word especially there's a lot of stability. Excel occasionally over the last several years has added new functions, new capabilities. Some of the changes are evident in the tool bar portion of the screen, but for the most part you have to be reading the "new features" blogs and bulletins to become aware.

And just for the record, in case you think I'm a young person who grew up on computers, I'll be celebrating my 82nd birthday before the year is out. You may be a contemporary of mine, maybe even a decade or two younger, somebody who just isn't as comfortable with computers; I understand that, but if you could describe a bit more specifically what's happening that is causing you this distress, maybe I or somebody else could put your mind at ease with ways to handle it.