Message: "This won't work because it would move cells in a table on your worksheet."

Copper Contributor

Hello All,

I have an issue with Power Query refresh of a table „prev_W_NEE_snapshot_manual_input__8“ located in sheet “NEE_manual“. If I try refresh this table, message "This won't work because it would move cells in a table on your worksheet." appears and a table doesn't refresh. 

Number of columns of refreshed table is still same (17 is in table in sheet and 17 also in query detail if I check it in power query) and below refreshed table is no other table. 

I have some other tables located further to the right, but it should not affect the query load, as the number of columns is still same?

I am attaching the file and screenshot of the message.

1.JPG

3 Replies

@OlegC2450 I haven't had a chance to look at your file in detail, but in troubleshooting this error today, I found that if the .add activity needs to move non-table data, including formatting, data validation, etc., it won't work.   

Interestingly enough, It also won't work if I had a table with more columns below the table being added to.   

i.e.

3 Tables:

A with 8 columns

B with 5 columns

C with 3 columns

If they are stacked on the worksheet in that order, I can .add a row in all 3 tables without a problem.

However

If they are stacked B, A, C then I will get the error on B, but not A or C.  

if they are stacked B, C, A then I will get the error on B and C

@OlegC2450 you can fix that by choosing table properties > over write existing cell with new data 

i tried it and it works 

@Muhammad_Mujahed I tried this and it still won't refresh for me.