SOLVED

maybe wrong function

Copper Contributor

I created a form to use as a check off items completed. A lot of the items will have more than 1 response, I am trying to use a formula to place multiple names from the responses to one cell on the master check off sheet. Using the Index, match, formula I can only get one name cause I am guessing it based off the intersection of row and column.

5 Replies

@lovingizneverez 

INDEX/MATCH, VLOOKUP, etc return only first found value. To return multiple values FILTER or other functions could work. Better to have a sample to be more concrete.

Thank you for your response. Using the formula 

=IF('Post Ops Data'!$F$2:$F$4="Completed 1.0 hr",'Post Ops Data'!$E:$2:$E$4,"NA")

I seem to get the results that I am looking for except for the fact that the formula is in A7 and the results returns in A7,A8,A9, and I need them to be for example A7 should display Joe, NA, Rickey  instead of A7 Joe A8 NA A9 Rickey. Any help would be greatly appreciated @Sergei Baklan 

best response confirmed by lovingizneverez (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@lovingizneverez 

I guess you need to wrap it with TEXTJOIN like

=TEXTJOIN(", ",1,IF('Post Ops Data'!$F$2:$F$4="Completed 1.0 hr",'Post Ops Data'!$E:$2:$E$4,"NA"))

Thank you so much that was exactly what I needed.@Sergei Baklan 

@lovingizneverez , you are welcome

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by lovingizneverez (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@lovingizneverez 

I guess you need to wrap it with TEXTJOIN like

=TEXTJOIN(", ",1,IF('Post Ops Data'!$F$2:$F$4="Completed 1.0 hr",'Post Ops Data'!$E:$2:$E$4,"NA"))

View solution in original post