SOLVED

@Matching_dates in disparate columns and related values in adjoining columns

Copper Contributor

I have to columns of dates (A and C) with values related to each (column B and D, respectively).  The dates are not all the same in A and C.  I'm looking to find the rows that do match dates and compare their respective values (same row, next column) so that a chart comparing the relative values of only matching dates can be created.  Ideas?

5 Replies

@MJBob Not sure I follow, but perhaps a Pivot Table could achieve what you want. It needs a slight restructure of your data though. Example is attached.

Thank you for the sample. What I'm trying to do is find common dates for the two data sets -- in essence see all rows that have data for both "market" and "recorded" only when they can be compared (no blanks). You pivot table gets me part of the way there, but how do I remove the rows with blanks? Looks like I'm going to have to take a refresher on Pivot Tables, too! Again, thank you for your expertise and help. - Martin

@MJBob Try this:

Select Cell H4

Screenshot 2021-03-09 at 09.07.58.png

Put on a Filter

Screenshot 2021-03-09 at 09.09.53.png

Both columns in the pivot table will now show a filter button

Screenshot 2021-03-09 at 09.08.19.png

Filter out blanks in both columns to be left with a list that has amounts in both.

Screenshot 2021-03-09 at 09.08.49.png

best response confirmed by MJBob (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Riny_van_EekelenThis worked perfectly.  Thank you for the kindness of your time.

-Martin

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by MJBob (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Riny_van_EekelenThis worked perfectly.  Thank you for the kindness of your time.

-Martin

View solution in original post