Match English to French translation

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I have a large excel spreadsheet that was matched English to French translation and then was tampered with and the English column was filtered A to Z making it so the English does not align with the French anymore.  How do I make it so the English realigns with the French?

Thank you 

3 Replies
Excel - Traducteur de fonctions
https://support.microsoft.com/fr-fr/office/excel-traducteur-de-fonctions-f262d0c0-991c-485b-89b6-32c...

If you find this helpful, please mark it as "Best Answer" and as Like (click thumbs up), it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Nikolino
I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

@Rbeab 

I fear the answer may be "laboriously."

I've had the experience myself of sorting a table and having that mess up some of the relationships between columns, even though the entire table was sorted. I can imagine, therefore, that if all that was sorted (not filtered) was the English Language column--although one might ask "Why?"--that it can't just be "un-sorted."

UNLESS...were there any other columns of data, categories perhaps, other identifiers of the types of phrases or words, that could be used in a step-wise fashion to start to restore?

In other words, what was the overall structure of the original spreadsheet? Is it possible to post a sample?

I unfortunately cannot post it as it is part of my work, but they are organized by the English and French translations originally then all the other columns depend on that if that makes sense.

In other words there isn't another way to organize them or there aren't words that pop up in other columns that solely link to individual ones from the English and French translations. Therefore, I would just have to do it on the basis that the English translation equals the French translation if possible.