SOLVED

Match Dates and TRUE Value for Conditional Formatting

Copper Contributor

Hello everyone!

I have a yearly calendar that updates automatically when the start date is changed. This is what the calendar looks like:

Corder_0-1657642361988.png

In a separate sheet, I have all of the dates from the calendar with a formula that writes TRUE if the date is in increments of two weeks from a start date. I have conditional formatting set on the dates to change the color when a given column = TRUE. 

Corder_1-1657642361991.png

I am trying to have a similar conditional formatting on the calendar itself to match the REF column's color. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Let me know if anymore information is needed.

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Corder (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi all,

Quick update regarding this. I was able to find the solution to what I was looking for:

First I isolated the dates for each color I wanted.

Corder_0-1658406535364.png

Then used this formula for the conditional formatting and changed the reference column to reflect which dates I wanted highlighted.

Corder_1-1658407105019.png

I know this was a very niche problem, but in case anyone needs this in the future.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Corder (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi all,

Quick update regarding this. I was able to find the solution to what I was looking for:

First I isolated the dates for each color I wanted.

Corder_0-1658406535364.png

Then used this formula for the conditional formatting and changed the reference column to reflect which dates I wanted highlighted.

Corder_1-1658407105019.png

I know this was a very niche problem, but in case anyone needs this in the future.

View solution in original post