SOLVED

Master Sheet

Copper Contributor

I can't get my Master Sheet to total my worksheet pages 

8 Replies

@PMcD0609 Would be helpful if you could say a little bit more about what you are trying to do. Perhaps share the workbook, indicating what you want totalled. Beware to remove/replace any private and/or confidential information.

@Riny_van_Eekelen 

The worksheet includes 10 sheets.  I did the =SUM and clicked on each cell I need added together on the Master sheet.  The information carries over to the Master but it won't add the columns.  I don't see on here where I can attach my worksheet.  

PRICING WORKSHEET WORKSHEET TOTAL $ WORKSHEET TOTAL HRS WORKSHEET TOTAL DAYS

ALUMINUM FENCE $- 0.00 0.00
CAST LIGHTING $- 0.00 0.00
CAST SITTING WALL DOUBLE SIDED $- 0.00 0.00
CAST WALL SINGLE SIDED $- 0.00 0.00
DIAMOND PRO WALL $- 0.00 0.00
DRAINAGE $- 0.00 0.00
FIRE PITS $- 0.00 0.00
IRRIGATION $- 0.00 0.00
PAVERS & STEPPERS $- 0.00 0.00
PLANTING $- 0.00 0.00
POST PROTECTORS $- 0.00 0.00
PRE-ENGINEERED FRENCH DRAIN SYSTEM $- 0.00 0.00
QUARRY STEPS $- 0.00 0.00
ROCKS & CURBSTONES $- 0.00 0.00
SOD & SEED $- 0.00 0.00
STRAW MATTING $- 0.00 0.00
HORSE BOARD FENCING $- 0.00 0.00

PROJECT TOTAL #NAME? 0.00 0.00

@PMcD0609 When you reply you'll see the "Drag and drop ...... " section below. Press "browse", find the file and upload.

Screenshot 2021-03-23 at 16.59.23.png

best response confirmed by PMcD0609 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@PMcD0609 Your sheet contains circular references. Cells that contain formulae that include the cell where the formula is written. Go to the "Formulas" ribbon, Error checking and then "Circular References" until you have corrected all of them. Did that for you in the attached sheet, but everything still comes out to zero as it seems that all of your cells in the master sheet link to cells with zero values. But perhaps I'm not following the logic of your schedules.

Thank you so very much!!!!! I have been racking my brain (which is getting older by the minute).
You are the best. I will do my best to pay it forward today and make someone's day easier!!!

@PMcD0609 Glad it worked out for you!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by PMcD0609 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@PMcD0609 Your sheet contains circular references. Cells that contain formulae that include the cell where the formula is written. Go to the "Formulas" ribbon, Error checking and then "Circular References" until you have corrected all of them. Did that for you in the attached sheet, but everything still comes out to zero as it seems that all of your cells in the master sheet link to cells with zero values. But perhaps I'm not following the logic of your schedules.

View solution in original post