Map Chart unable to connect to Bing for map data

Copper Contributor

I am trying to create a Map Chart but I am unable to connect to Bing maps to download the map data. Where is the setting to allow Excel to connect to Bing through the internet? 

3 Replies

@oinskip 
Communication with bing maps engine is performed in background, you can't connect bing maps directly.

- we define table with the data for Map Charts

- insert Map Chart for that source data

- it sends source data on Microsoft servers, receives back some data to build map and shows it to user.

Thank you for your response!. My issue is in your third step, I am not able to send data to Microsoft (Bing) to build the map for the map chart. There is a security setting that is blocking this communication. What I am looking for is what the security setting is, is it something I as a user can configure, or is it something I would need to submit as a trouble ticket to my IT/Security team for a possible exception to the security policy that is blocking my connection to Bing?

@oinskip 

If you are in business environment that's better to escalate to your IT. That could be security policy, proxy server settings, antivirus software, whatever.