Making a row duplicate in another table

Copper Contributor

Hello everyone :)

I have a table of expenses in my bussiness's sheet and it's all really messy for me,

I want to know if it is possible to add a column "catagory" (for example transportation, tools, food etc.)

And then by the value I insert in that column the Excel sheet will automatically add the column in another table which represents the catagory. 

The number of catagories is constant and the tables will be made prematurly by myself the ONLY thing i need the Excel sheet to do it to copy the values and insert them in another table that represents the catagory according to the value I insert in the main expenses table.

Is it possible ? and if YES, how can i do it?

THANK U FOR READING

1 Reply

@KHRUI10 

It is definitely possible. The easiest way to show you would be if you could share a copy of your actual workbook so we could see how it's laid out and work with that. The truth is there are probably several ways to accomplish what you're describing, and which of those several ways would depend on the starting point.

So unless you have a lot of data you want to keep confidential, please post a copy of your workbook here (not an image; the actual workbook). If you want to keep the real thing confidential, then post a mock-up with made up names and details.