make a suitable layout for a competition in Excel

Copper Contributor

For a rather big event with players form different countries and quite a huge range in level I would like to make a layout of the competion in which about 100 competitors are divided more or less according the following.

The members/competiors are from diffferent nationality, they have a different level,  etc.

In each group there should be e.g. no four or more members with the same nationality, each group should have at least one or more very strong, and one ore more quite weak players.

Is there a way in Excel to do this and if so: how?

Thx

3 Replies

@bozbeertje 

Sport tournament template

There are many variants of tournament: 3 – 16 teams in each group. The number of groups is not limited.

Each group is on a separate sheet. It contains a list of teams, the schedule and it automatically generates the table.

Additional infos: Planners and trackers

I would be happy to know if I could help.

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

thx, but this is not what I meant: i want to classify groups in Excel.
Excel should create the classification: each group should e.g. contain max 3 English pairs, two pairs with a certain ranking etc.
If I can recommend, go ahead and draft whatever you want. Otherwise there is no point in investing time that could probably be in the wrong place again.
Knowing the Excel version and the operating system can only be an advantage.

Wish you continued fun with Excel

Nikolino
I know I don't know anything (Socrates)