Mail Merge within Excel

Copper Contributor

Dears, 

I'm trying to do mail merge within an excel file, where I can build more than one invoice in one shot. In one excel sheet, I have a set of data that is more than 100 lines, and I have another sheet with the form. I would like to create 100 forms that are filled in one shot. The file in the attachment and the form are already linked by the roll number. if I need to print one line I can fill the box with the invoice number and it will bring the data related to this line. 

3 Replies
I did write a VBA macro to do something like that, but it was 20 years ago and I couldn't even begin to do it today....quite a bit too rusty.

HOWEVER, I have used MailMerge with MS Word, working from an Excel database. And in general I think that combination allows you to create nicer looking Invoices. And you don't need to write (and maintain) a VBA macro.

There are I'm sure some VBA experts here in this forum who could help you with accomplishing it in Excel; but you could do it yourself, I propose, using the Word-Excel combo.
Thanks, @mathetes
but is there any way to send me the link of that subject or anyone could help me writing the codes??

@Aqeel_karem 

I’m sorry but am on a vacation trip now, away from a computer, with only an iPad....so not able to provide a very helpful response. So far as MailMerge is concerned, though, you should be able to research that on your own, here at the extended Microsoft website, or even on Google (which probably will direct you back here).

do some experimenting. You can’t break anything. MailMerge can be tricky at first, but is quite powerful.