Macros vs Hyperlinks

Copper Contributor

I am in the process of creating an estimating template for our construction projects.  I have a recap sheet that I want to link with the corresponding subcontractor bid comparisons and/or our take off backup.

I have been using hyperlinks but when I add or delete lines I can't get them to stay on the referenced area.  So someone suggested macro buttons and i have been trying to create a macro but can't seem to figure it out.  I am going to have a lot of these and would like to start the right way and not have to go back and redo it all if it doesn't work properly.

Here is what i want to do:  Click on the recap sheet cost code to bring me to the section with the detailed information and then be able to click the cost code on the detailed section to bring me back to the appropriate space in the recap sheet. The same when I need to reference the areas in our take off sheet.

Another note is that even though the template is considered standard there are always going to be added and removed scope (CSI Codes) per the individual project ..so it is not a one size fits all template.  

Any help in pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated so I can get over this hurdle, move on and work on the other portions of the workbook that still need a lot of work.  

0 Replies