Macros and VBA

Copper Contributor

Hi, 

I am trying to automatically update one spreadsheet and it populate to the master spreadsheet.  For example if I have 4 spreadsheets and 1 Master sheet in one workbook.  How can I make changes or update any of the 4 spreadsheets and the information I enter automatically populates to the Master sheet.  Please help!

Thank you in advance

3 Replies
Why not have the information all on the master sheet and ditch the others?

@Jan Karel Pieterse 

Ok, and maybe I'm thinking about this all wrong.  If I have one sheet and ditch the others, how would I have separate sheets for the specific information that I want to capture.  Essentially I want to have 1 master sheet, with 4-5 different sheets that were from the master.  For example:

The Master will show information for each employee.  I would like each employee to select their own respective sheets to populate information.  Any ideas?  

Right. But there is no fool-proof way to prevent people from accessing other people's worksheets. If that is problematic, all you can do is have a separate *file* for each individual and make sure files are ONLY made available to the correct people. With a setup like that, you can use Data, Get Data, From File, From Folder to pull in the data from the various workbooks people have filled out.