Macro creation involving external data plugin

Copper Contributor

I am attempting to create a macro which will allow me to automatically refresh the data in an Excel sheet.  The data is imported as an Excel file from a subscription data service.  The subscription service has an Excel plugin with a "Refresh" button.  The macro I am currently trying to create only involves recording this one refresh step, but I am hoping to be able to combine it with other steps to automate more complex processes in the future.  

So far, I have successfully recorded this single step, but I don't believe it's working.  My thought is that since the command is connected to an external password protected data source it's currently not able to be completed. 

Any help would be very appreciated! 

3 Replies

@abby-12 

Hello there,

Unfortunately there isn't enough information for us to help you. We would need to know more specifics about how this data is accessed, or more importantly about the data source itself, to give any insight. Odds are yes, it can be done.

The data source is Pitch Book.  I'm specifically downloading company's general and financial information.  I spoke with two of their support associates yesterday, and they both conferred with their team and said that it cannot be done. So I may be abandoning the attempt@Zack Barresse 

In cases like this I would request an API. Even a simple one isn't hard to make.