Lookup

Copper Contributor
Hi,
I need some help.
I have 2 Tables with same cloums headers
Table A is Master Table where I recording purchasing of raw material and also finished products.
Coluums which are common in headers Table 2 are 1) Transaction Date 2) Item Description 3) Item Type 4) Item Category 5) UOM 6) Units In( Out) 7) Total Cost 8) Single Unit Cost.
I have Table 2 for transfer of required purchases to work in progress
With all these colums.
Now when i have to record units which are out from my purchase stock when i am entering the data i.e with unique transaction transfer date. For Items relevant colums are same so working fine with vlookup but i have to put units out manually i am doing so but. I m facing problem that firstly I am unable to drag the amount of singleunit price i bought at. Second will be the quantity issue it wouldnot be same as it is passing on to work in progress on requirements.
For more clarification My question.
I purchase item Milk evaporated 170gm 5 packets @ xxx cost with xxx cost per unit on 15- Dec
Agian bought 5 packets on 17-Dec
I have out 4 packets on 16-Dec
And 3 packets on 17th Dec.
So can i be able to fetch the unit pr cost in my second table automatically with FIFO method.
As i am zero in VBA and learner of beginner in Excel.
1 Reply

Hi @Haseeb2021,

If you don't have Transaction_ID for each records then the best solution I can propose you to enter the date & time together, that will create unique entry for each transaction and lookup the value with date & time.

Regards, Faraz Shaikh | Microsoft MVP, MCT, MIE, MOS Master, Excel Expert

If you find the above solution resolved your query don't forget mark as Official/Best Answer & like it to help the other members find it more.