SOLVED

Looking up cell and returning values of another cell

Brass Contributor
Hi.....im look to look up a column and if their any kind of text in it then return what is in another cell.. iv attached below what I'm trying to do... hope use can help.
8 Replies
best response confirmed by Norman_Glenn (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Norman_Glenn 

In D11:

=IF(C11="","",B11)

Fill down.

Can't belive how easy you made that look.. iv spent hours trying formulas that would only return answers if certain cells were the same text.... thank you very much...
Hi.. thank you for you help but just looking to see if you can help me out.. iv messed around with the fourmla you gave me to try find another fourmla but not getting any were. just woundering if you can help me again. Using the same attachment I'm trying to look up column C and if its blank then look up column B and if it shows the name/word Paul then in cell D13 values of B13..

@Norman_Glenn 

In D11:

=IF(AND(B11="paul",C11=""),B11,"")

Fill down to D16.

Hi again... iv tried using the fourmla you gave me but its leaving all cells blank. Iv changed it to just do row 13 with =IF(AND(B13="paul",C13=""),B13,"") but its still returning blank. Iv tried switching B13,"") around but this only works if I individually enter the formula and switch the end B13,"") my self

@Norman_Glenn 

See screenshot and attached workbook.

S1215.png

Thank you...I'll have another go at this.. I must be entering something wrong.

@Norman_Glenn 

If you still can't get it to work, you might attach a sample workbook demonstrating the problem to a reply.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Norman_Glenn (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Norman_Glenn 

In D11:

=IF(C11="","",B11)

Fill down.

View solution in original post