SOLVED

Look at multiple values to give me a TRUE/FALSE

Copper Contributor

I'm trying to get Excell to give me a "Current" or "Uncurrent" value based on 2 different variables.

The variables are:

Within the past 90 days over a range of 9999 cells

More than 1.0 over a range on 9999 cells

I've tried using the SUMIFS formula, but it throws and error. When I use the IF formula it populates 9999 cells. I'm sure I'm close and just putting something in the wrong place, but even with tutorials I can get what I want over 9999 cells, or I get a "0". Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

I'm not opposed to using a Macro function either, but that's VERY far out of my depth so I'd need a step-by-step broken down for your Grandma.

5 Replies

@Scholtar 

Can you explain more clearly and in detail what you mean by

Within the past 90 days over a range of 9999 cells

More than 1.0 over a range on 9999 cells

and what exactly you want to do?

Sure!

I want to look at dates in B4:B9999 and if it's within the last 90 days from today, move to the next step.
THEN I want to look at values in cells M4:M9999 and if they add up to over 1.0 after meeting the previous steps criteria, I want to populate a "Current" message. If not, I want an "Uncurrent" message.

Thanks in advance for helping, I've been pulling my hair out over this problem for 3 days now :)
best response confirmed by Scholtar (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Scholtar 

=IF(SUMIFS(M4:M9999, B4:B9999, ">="&TODAY()-90)>1, "Current", "Uncurrent")

THANK YOU!!! I figured it had to be multiple formulas, I just couldn't figure out how to combine them. So glad you solved in 30 min what's been kicking my butt for 3 days!!!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend superhero!!!!

@Scholtar 

You're welcome!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Scholtar (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Scholtar 

=IF(SUMIFS(M4:M9999, B4:B9999, ">="&TODAY()-90)>1, "Current", "Uncurrent")

View solution in original post