SOLVED

LONG DATE FORMAT ISNT FORMATING ANYMORE.

Copper Contributor

ex:

DATEDATEAGE
Friday, February 11, 2022Thursday, July 28, 198833

FORMAT (LONG DATE) WOULD AUTO CORRECT WHEN TYPED IN (SHORT DATE) FORMAT. IT NO LONGER WORKS AND I CANT SEEM TO MAKE IT WORK AGAIN. WITHOUT (LONG DATE) FORMAT (AGE COLUMN) WONT CALCULATE.

PLEASE HELP

2 Replies
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@TAMMYT_A Then you are probably entering text that Excel doesn't recognise as a date. The cells you enter the dates in are perhaps formatted as text. Setting them to Long Data after entry will not be enough. You would have to re-enter the date (select the cell, F2 and press enter).

Or did you recently change some some regional settings? Does the "2.16.22"  format agree to your locale? Perhaps you need to enter 2/16/22 or 2-16-22 or 2022-02-16.

oh my goodness I can't believe it was as simple as 2/16/22 thank you so much.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@TAMMYT_A Then you are probably entering text that Excel doesn't recognise as a date. The cells you enter the dates in are perhaps formatted as text. Setting them to Long Data after entry will not be enough. You would have to re-enter the date (select the cell, F2 and press enter).

Or did you recently change some some regional settings? Does the "2.16.22"  format agree to your locale? Perhaps you need to enter 2/16/22 or 2-16-22 or 2022-02-16.

View solution in original post