SOLVED

lock and proctetion of data in excel

Brass Contributor

I have recently learnt how to lock work sheet and hide formula on this forum- thanks to Mr. Albiola1 for helping me on that issue.

Now I want to know if in a work sheet, can we allow someone to work in only few columns or rows, or may be few cells. if yes, how do we go about.

Can the work sheet be emailed to other colleagues giving excess only to certain cells or rows to edit data.

Accidentally or deliberately if any column or row is deleted, then, will that affect the calculation which have been placed in certain rows and columns and hidden.

Are the locks timed bound or permanent?

Please help me on the above mentioned issue.

2 Replies
Hello,

Yes, you can gran permission for someone to work within your spreadsheet.

Kindly see the video link below... It answers most part of the question

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iL8KZYae96g&t=128s
best response confirmed by Abiola1 (MVP)
Solution
Hi!,
Thanks for sharing the video link. I watched the video and in the video it is explained about locking cell - and that was a good information. In addition to that, I want to know if the person having excess edit data in that particular cell / row/column- can he delete the cell/row/column, if yes, is there any way to restrict from deleting cell/row/column.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Abiola1 (MVP)
Solution
Hi!,
Thanks for sharing the video link. I watched the video and in the video it is explained about locking cell - and that was a good information. In addition to that, I want to know if the person having excess edit data in that particular cell / row/column- can he delete the cell/row/column, if yes, is there any way to restrict from deleting cell/row/column.

View solution in original post