List of Excel function available for Microsoft 365 Apps for business?

Iron Contributor

Where I can find such information', is there a link? I noticed for example that people having this version, don't have all the O365 excel functions such as TAKE, I would like to have access to the list of functions available for this version. Thanks

8 Replies

@davidleal 

Excel functions (alphabetical)

Click a letter to go to functions that start with it. 

Excel functions (by category)

Worksheet functions are categorized by their functionality. 

Excel keyboard shortcuts and function keys

BI capabilities in Excel and Office 365

Formula tutorial

Maybe these links will help you a bit.

As far as I know, there is no Excel list with all the formulas from Microsoft, since new improvements are constantly being offered for the formulas and at the same time formulas can differ greatly depending on the language.

For example, the formula IF in English is IF in German and other languages may be different.
The only table I can offer is the template I included from Microsoft's Formula Tutorial.

Thank you for your understanding and patience

NikolinoDE

@NikolinoDE Thanks for the information provided, but this is not what I am looking for. This is very generic information and not organized by version, and on top of that, not too much specific. For example take a look at ABS, I would say this function is available for Microsoft 365 Apps for business, but it is not specified. I prefer to use this reference page that is organized at least per release, but for this product there is no information. 

@davidleal 

To my knowledge there is no such summary. You may use "Check if a specific feature is in your version of Excel" here https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/excel-blog/what-s-new-in-excel-february-2023/bc-p/3763627#M33... or check release notes for your channel.  For Current channel that is Release notes for Current Channel releases - Office release notes | Microsoft Learn , for other channels from menu on that page.

As a comment, in general concrete build number doesn't matter, check news for channels. Within channels new functionality is deployed gradually, it takes time. You may have the build for which new functionality is announced, but it could be not activated for you.

I believe a fully updated Semi Annual Channel (if that's your update channel) currently has access to all the functions, IMAGE excepted.

@Patrick2788 

I'm not sure. 7 lambda helper functions (like MAP) were deployed on semi-annual 2208 in Jan, 2108 still without them. TAKE(), VSTACK() and other are still not on semi-annual.

@Sergei Baklan 

I have access to a machine running:

Patrick2788_0-1678374469349.png

I can confirm those functions are available.

@Sergei Baklan and @Patrick2788 for all the information provided. I don't have the mentioned version: Microsoft 365 Apps for business. I was trying to help another person that has this version in another community forum. I use O365, so I don't have a way to test it on my own version whether a  specific excel function is available for another version or not.

so, what is the plan? before responding to someone's question in a forum like this, that has a specific Excel version, make a search in all of the Microsoft channels to see if a specific Excel function was mentioned in the channel then to use it, and if it was not mentioned, don't use it? This is ridiculous. Microsoft needs to do a better job with all this mess having so many versions and similar products, with different excel functions at the same time. Thanks anyway for your time.