Links syncing automatically between several books on Excel

Copper Contributor

Hey guys,

So, I'm currently working on 1 file (let's call it file #1) which extracts information from different files (let's call them file #2, 3, 4, 5 & 6). Those files are being continuously updated by other file (let's call it file #7) because all the other files are very big and it's a punishment to open them in daily basis to upload information; this #7 file is a simple file with just 3 tabs.

So the cycle goes like this:

File #7 feeds -> File #2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 (where I select, pick and process different information) feed -> File #1

The reason of this chain is that we want to be able to insert data into the file #7 and then open file #1 just to analyze information in a easier and quicker way. 

The big problem here is that in order to open and see information updated in the file #1 (previously uploaded into file #7) I must always open first file #2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 which takes a long of time that can be used in some other activities through the day.

All the books are on the same folder. Does someone know how to update those links automatically without opening the middle-files?

0 Replies