Linking numerical values to text combinations selected in multi dependent drop down list

Copper Contributor

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12VRGk2x6YynD_gwjXTH7LIDKY-acArZX/view?usp=sharing 

I apologize if I'm posting too many questions and/or am not asking the right questions. I'm very new with excel and am open to feedback.

I have a database which has 3 multi-dependent drop-down lists. I'm trying to achieve the following and would appreciate any guidance even if it's a pointer as to where to look for solutions or a service I can use to advise me (I'm not sure I know the vocabulary for what I'm looking for).

- Trying to get the text in my drop-down list to match the fonts/colors in my database (named tables). Could anyone please advise as to how to do this? 

- I have a VBA code in my spreadsheet which clears the text from the next drop-down list in order to prevent a non-dependent selection appearing with a dependent selection. The code works when I open the spreadsheet but then stops working and an error message is displayed stating that a line of my code is in error. I would appreciate advice as to how to correct the code. 

-Finally I'm trying to link the selections from the color and shade drop-down lists to the numerical values in the database page so that I can add values and create a quote for the dependent selections. So if for example somebody selects 'polka dot' in the second drop down list and 'blue/white' in the third drop down list, the corresponding value of $6 appears in the quote field.

I've found formulas for XLOOKUP but I'm not sure how to apply them, considering I need the combined info from the second and third drop down lists to link to the value.

EDIT: Since posting this I've added a link to my spreadsheet.

I appreciate any guidance at all!

2 Replies

@Bec_P 

The items of a drop-down list cannot be colored.

Could you create a stripped-down copy of the workbook (without sensitive information) and make it available through one of the websites that let you upload and share a file, such as OneDrive, Google Drive, FileDropper or DropBox. Then post a link to the uploaded and shared file here.

I didn't think of that. I will work on uploading the file to one of those sources, thank you.

The data in the webpage is 'dummy data' set-up to test functionality prior, there is no real information relating to the project I am working on in that page. I chose colors and patterns as test data.

I appreciate your help Hans.