Link to cell content and not adress

Copper Contributor

Hi evryone, 

I'd like to make hyperlinks that do not work with adress of the cell but with its content. 

Few explanations why : 

In the same workbook I have 2 sheets : 

1 with parameters (about 400 lines)

1 with help about the parameters

Both sheets has the same architecture : if parameter x is on line 15, help about x is also on line 15 in the help sheet. 

I have hyperlink next to each parmeter to jump to the correct help in the help sheet that work with cell adress. 

Problem is : if I add a new parameter (and so a new help line) it change all the adress (+1 on each line number) and so all the Hyperlink went wrong. 

So I'm looking for a solution where I can give each Help line a tag that do not depends on the line number or column number so I can make an Hyperlink to the tag and not to the adress.

Thank you all in advance

4 Replies
Use this formula to link to the same cell on the Help sheet: =HYPERLINK("#'Help'!"&CELL("address",A1),"Help")
Thanks Jan it seems to be working good !
=HYPERLINK("#Help!" & ADRESS(LINE();2); "Help")
Work also well because it doesn't work with a fixed line number but a dynamic one so it solve the problem of adding new lines. The only thong I don't manage to do is pointing not only to 1 cell but the entire row (to higlight the entire row and make it more easy to spot for the user)

Thanks !

@Arthur196 You can do that as well:

=HYPERLINK("#'Help'!"&ROW()&":"&ROW(),"Help")