Link multiple sheets

Copper Contributor
Hi ,

I have a excel workbook which has 60+ sheets. For reference I have shown 5 sheets in that I have a common word in column A say name "SAM" in all 60 sheets but in different rows in different sheets. Example if Sam name is there in A4 in sheet 1 means in sheet 2 it might in A3 and in sheet 3 it might be in A2,etc..

Against the column A in column B I have attendance value like 50 in sheet 1, 60 in sheet 2, 90 in sheet 3,etc..

I have a separate sheet of SAM's attendance value for all 60 sheet. So if I need to change the value of SAM's attendance in all sheet I need a formula by which I can make a change in single sheet which will make the change in the corresponding sheet.

Thanks in advance !
4 Replies
Maybe it will work with the functions that Excel already has.
Go to
Start
Search and select
Search
pop-up menu appears with search and replace
from there select the desired changes and enter them.

If you find this helpful, please mark it as Like (click thumbs up) and as "Best Answer", it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here. If you find this not helpful, please give a quick feedback and will try to find a solution that could better suit you.

Nikolino
I know I don't know anything (Socrates)
It didnot work.
If you review my excel I have a summary sheet . In that I need summary sheet B2 value to be sent to sheet 1 B3 to sheet 2 like that. Hope I have cleared my query. Please check and help me with a solution
For me it works with "search and find". The only thing I can recommend is to start a repair in Office, or to bring the PC to service.

Windows 10
Write on the magnifying glass
Control Panel and click on it when it appears.
Programs and features
Select Office and click the right mouse button
Change ... wait
Press repair
It takes a long time to finish, but if there is a problem in Office it will usually solve it.

If you find this helpful, please mark it as Like (click thumbs up) and as "Best Answer", it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Nikolino
I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

@Adhi_1 Consider gathering all attendance records for all names in one single sheet. Create a pivot table, as shown in the summary sheet in the attached example. If you insist on having 60+ sheets, you can then select the pivot table option "Show Report Filter Pages..." and then confirm to use "Sheetname". This will create eparate pivot tables for each sheet name. I've done that for five sheets in my example. Change a number in the summary, press "Refresh all" on the Data ribbon and all tables will be updated.

Perhaps you realise that you actually don't need 60 different sheets, as you can easily create an overview for the sheet you are interested in from the overall pivot table. Up to you, though.