Link master list to multiple workbooks

Copper Contributor

I'm using excel to track my customers and currently run 2 workbooks with the same information, however every day one of the workbooks changes. Rather than re-enter new information can I link the information from the workbook that never changes? I would need this to be able to be able to add months and years while still being able to reference the constant sheet. Currently I have a complete folder set up I call master then I create a copy and rename to the next month. 

Workbook always open I call "Truck Transfer Ticket 3" 

Every day I track this information into another workbook named by date (01), this work book is saved and closed every day and a new day is open. 

4 Replies

@AshThibault 

If the values are in a consistent place every day, you could just link the values (like below):

='C:/Documents/[Truck Transfer Ticket 3.xlsx]Schedule'!$F$340

You would just need the path of the workbook as well as the sheet and range that the values are stored on.

Hello @AshThibault 

I would request you to kindly provide a Sample/Demo Data so that we can work out what is required by you. 

@AshaKantaSharma 

so in the truck ticket I have it set up notes worksheet. 

On the 01 Daily receipt I currently have it reading the notes list from truck ticket to come up with the drop down. so every month I have 30-31 of these daily tickets 

Let me know if this all makes sense.

Thanks I did end up doing that for now, just felt there must be a better way.