SOLVED

Link a segment to multi pivot tables

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I'm trying to create 1 pivot table and then generate two graphics for the same pivot table.

The first graphic will contains different data then the second one, but when I make a change, its done for both graphics.

So, I create 2 pivot table form the same data and I generated 2 graphics, each one contains different results, and it is ok. The problem is when I try to create a segment:

spamitovic_0-1600004277122.png

I need to connect this segment to both pivot tables, so I tried to select it and I go to Options > Report connections, I can find only 1 pivot table, the second one is invisible.

spamitovic_1-1600004581475.png

I tried to create each pivot table on a different pages, but the problem is the same.

Any suggestion?

6 Replies

@spamitovic 

I'm not sure, but it looks like the slicer is inserted for the source table, not for PivotTable. Other words, did you stay on source table or on created PivotTable inserting the slicer? The latest shall work, you my connect other PivotTables/Charts to it. If only all of them were built with adding data to data model or all without adding.

The slicer is inserted for the pivot table... I selected the pivot table to create the slicer.

@spamitovic 

And here is the name of PivotTable or PivotChart?

image.png

@Sergei Baklan Pivot table

best response confirmed by spamitovic (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@spamitovic 

I found the problem. Is related to the fact that the pivot table, the charts, and the slices was in a different sheet than the data table.

Problem solved by creating the pivot table in the same data table sheet.

@spamitovic 

That is strange, in general it shall work

image.png

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by spamitovic (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@spamitovic 

I found the problem. Is related to the fact that the pivot table, the charts, and the slices was in a different sheet than the data table.

Problem solved by creating the pivot table in the same data table sheet.

View solution in original post