SOLVED

Link a Row of cells in a sheet to a row of cells in a pivot table

Copper Contributor

I have a pivot table where the the number of rows could change when the table is updated (due to changes in the underlying data).

In a different sheet in the same workbook, I want a row of cells that references the last row in the pivot table (in this case its a grand total for the pivot table column).

How can I do this? 

2 Replies
best response confirmed by ripalp (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@ripalp In the "other worksheet" select the cell where you want the pivot table total to show. Press = to start a formula, click on the sheet that has the pivot table and select the total.

This should create a formula similar to this:

=GETPIVOTDATA("value",Sheet1!$G$8)

where "value" is the field name of the total selected and the cell reference is the starting point of the pivot table. Repeat this for each cell on the Grand Total row you want to include.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ripalp (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@ripalp In the "other worksheet" select the cell where you want the pivot table total to show. Press = to start a formula, click on the sheet that has the pivot table and select the total.

This should create a formula similar to this:

=GETPIVOTDATA("value",Sheet1!$G$8)

where "value" is the field name of the total selected and the cell reference is the starting point of the pivot table. Repeat this for each cell on the Grand Total row you want to include.

View solution in original post