LAMBDA formula not available

Copper Contributor

I' am a 365 subscriber. Windows 10 user all up to date. I deleted my current install of office and reinstalled a 64 bit ver with the correct ver of office 16.0.13426.203308. yet LAMBDA doesn't show up as a function. Any ideas?

Office tells me i have ver. 2011 (build 13246.20308)

48 Replies

@x2dull4u

A few pieces of information, maybe this will help you:

Note: This feature is only available if you have an Office 365 subscription. If you are an Office 365 subscriber, make sure you have the latest version of Office

If necessary update Windows to the latest version

Announcing LAMBDA: Turn Excel formulas into custom functions

LAMBDA function

=LAMBDA([parameter1, parameter2, …,] calculation)    

Announcing LAMBDA (microsoft.com)

I would be happy to know if I could help.

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

Please check whether the workbook / worksheet is from Microsoft 365 or older.

@NikolinoDEI am updating windows 10 to version 20H2 I will let you know what happens

Thanks  

@NikolinoDE I in fact downloaded  a workbook that had used the LAMBDA function and it didn't show only gave a #NAME? ref error where the function was used

@x2dull4u 

This functionality is available only for Office Insider , current build is

image.png

Version of Win doesn't matter if it is not too old.

However, new functionality covers only 50% of insiders, even if you install above build don't warranty you have lambdas. Kind of lottery.

@Sergei Baklan  WOW!  great system they have created, make me wish there was an alternative...OH WELL

Thank you for the info

@NikolinoDEI did update to the most current windows and It still didn't work, however i learned it's only available to certain people, and I'm not one of those, wish I hadn't update to this stupid subscription crap

Thank you for your help

@x2dull4u 

I didn't know either, thanks to Mr Baklan I now know too.

But what I know about Microsoft is that if the insiders have it now,

they will refine it and soon the rest of the Microsoft population will have it too :).

I am full of confidence when it comes to LAMBDA functionality.

I think this is the next step in evolution for the Excel formulas.

With your permission, believe that you, me and everyone else are on the right track

...but with some things in life, patience can be a virtue.

Thank you for your patience and time.

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

@NikolinoDE 

More exactly only part of insiders have it now.

@Sergei Baklan 

From MS Blog

Availability

Lambda function is available to users running Insider builds on Windows and Mac.

• Windows: Beta Channel Version 2012 Build 13519.20000 or higher.
  • Mac: Beta Channel Version 16.45 Build 1201.0 or higher.

We typically release features over some time to ensure that things are working smoothly. This is true for Insiders as well. We highlight features that you may not have because they’re slowly releasing to larger numbers of Insiders. Sometimes we remove elements to further improve them based on your feedback. Though this is rare, we also reserve the option to pull a feature entirely out of the product, even if you, as Insiders, have had the opportunity to try them.

I have the following build, but have no access to new LAMBDA function.  Please advise why LAMBDA is not available to me?  Thanks.

Steve1330_0-1608164762419.png

@Steve1330 

That is exactly as in citation

We highlight features that you may not have because they’re slowly releasing to larger numbers of Insiders.

If you have proper build number that only means lambda code is included into this build, but that doesn't mean lambda functionality switched-on. Office 365 is subscription model, this or that functionality could be switched on/off online, without the build reinstalling.

Lambda, as any new functionality, usually covers not more than 50% of insiders when announced. After that it's "slowly releasing" to other insiders. Nobody, includes Microsoft, knows how long it could be. Usually few weeks, but depends on situation, and in theory it could be switched off for all insiders, includes ones who already had new functionality. But that happens quite seldom.

@Sergei Baklan 

Thank you.

Looks very strange. I have the same system, but all is okay

@HardissonHard 

That how it works. Practically all insiders have the same build, but not all have lambda.

@NikolinoDE  My office version 2012 (build 13530.20376) but i am not getting Lambda function .....kindly suggest what to do.

@office102globalxyjon 

What is your channel?

image.png

If Beta, I assume it shall appear with the second wave. Otherwise you shall to wait more.

@Sergei Baklan, I Kept looking for it in my home PC MS 365 Excel the past month and finally saw it become available this past weekend.  I think I saw something on LnkedIn saying that MS finally rolled it out to the 2nd half of Beta Insiders.

Steve

@Steve1330 

Yes, they started with the second wave about a week ago, hope it's finished now.

@Sergei Baklan 

So according to what I've been reading, it's "normal" that I have a Microsoft 365 subscription and I still don't have Lambda available right?, there is an estimated date, just to test...

Regards,
Javier